The Alabama State Trooper Association, through agreements with the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT) and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, coordinates the law enforcement escorts for oversized and overweight vehicles that travel through Alabama.
In order to schedule a law enforcement escort, an application for an ALDOT permit must be completed and a reference number assigned to the trip. Once the reference number is obtained, submit an Application form from this web site and the Alabama State Trooper Association will contact you to coordinate the escort and payment information.
The following rates and requirements apply for all escorts:
• An administrative fee of $200.00 is assessed for each permit.
• The hourly rate for each Trooper is $45.00. There is a four-hour minimum per Trooper.
• Mileage is calculated at the IRS rate, currently 54 cents per mile.
• Cancellation: A minimum of 5 hours notice is required to cancel the trip. Late cancellation will result in a payment assessment which may include the Administrative fee and payment of 4 hours for each Trooper.
• All payments are made to the Alabama State Trooper Association.
• Payments may be made by credit card, ComCheck, or EFS Check.
Please click here when you are ready to register for an escort.